Happy New Year Dear Readers!
Gone is the year 2021! Let’s welcome 2022 with open arms, fresh minds, healthy bodies, and a thankful heart!!
Every individual must have experienced the year in their own unique way. Talking about personal experiences, the year 2021 was filled with lots of new phases, lessons, and a gazillion things to be grateful about, for me. The things I dreaded the most and feelings that haunted me the same time last year, no longer exist now! Sure, there will be fresh disappointments, new fears, and a lot more negative emotions that I’ll need to counter. However, having conquered what was and getting prepped for what will be, sends in a positive vibe to thank the entire Universe for where we are NOW!
While we welcome our readers to share their take on 2021 with us, let’s revisit a few happenings we all might relate to…
- One thing we all hoped would end with the end of 2020 but did not was the COVID-19 pandemic. It rather took a horrifying form in 2021, impacting many families in India, specifically in the months of April and May.
- The first transplant of both arms and shoulders of a patient in France made for a brilliant achievement.
- Natural disasters, including storms, flash floods, forest fires, tsunamis, and hurricanes uprooted many in India and other countries.
- An extensive vaccination coverage of the global population.
- Successful execution followed by various accomplishments of the Tokyo Olympics held in July-August 2021.
- The launch of the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST).
- India lost some of its heroes in the form of General Bipin Rawat, his wife and 11 others, journalist Vinod Dua, legendary actor Dilip Kumar, author Kamla Bhasin, Flying Sikh Milkha Singh, veteran Surekha Sikri, hockey legend Keshav Dutt, and some more, including the untimely passing away of icons Danish Siddiqui, Rohit Sardana, Puneeth Rajkumar, and Siddharth Shukla.
- And many more….
Contented by some, saddened by others, we need to grow through what happened into making things happen the next year! It is a change inevitable..
Resolution or Execution?
Hearing the phrase “New Year’s Resolution” makes me laugh, especially when it comes from the mouth of one of my friends. The enthu with which she lists it on 31st December is all gone by 2nd January 😆. Still, better than me! At least she makes – I am the one who never took an effort to do so!
That said, I guess it’s a situation with many of us. We form a resolution or not, ‘doing’ is the part that irks us the most.
- If making a resolution is something you have to follow, then try keeping it as well by ensuring the same is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
- Else, join me in the “No Resolution” gang 😆! However, this time the gang will endeavor to follow a realistic route to add some more value to our lives 🤝, either by
- Enhancing our routine
- Including a new habit
- Contributing to something for the larger good
- Reading about/exploring something new everyday (even if it is finding the meaning of a new word daily)
- Becoming a good listener
- Giving yourself 10-15 minutes daily, when it’s you and just you – talking to yourself, about the day you spent, what you didn’t like about yourself or others, the moments that made you laugh, etc
- Reading a good quote daily (it may seem trivial at times, but some words can just hit you at the right time)
- Thanking the Universe!
Life is not just about survival, but about making a difference. Let’s make some difference somewhere in 2022!!
Have a Happy New Year 🙂
Avani Raj Arora