You don’t need to be in a position of power to bring change. Bringing change puts you in a position of power. Such is the story of SANKALP, one of the most renowned NGOs in Chandigarh.
Sunil Nagrath Generosity Organisation – SANKALP is an initiative in remembrance of Late Sh. Sunil Nagrath (1959-2014).
SANKALP, which means ‘Resolution,’ resolves to serve mankind by reaching out to those in need. With its area of operation in Chandigarh and Punjab, the NGO has
- Provided social, emotional, and financial help to fellow citizens,
- Organized blood donation camps, with the first being organized on 28 December 2014,
- Arranged free medicines for patients undergoing chemotherapy,
- Adopted children and taken care of their education,
- Published magazines and pamphlets promoting content for the social cause,
- Organized Bhandara and Chhabeel once every year, and much more
Besides, the NGO also organizes various vocational training programs and social and cultural events to spread awareness on the significance of serving humanity.
As was rightly said by Nelson Mandela, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world,” SANKALP also believes in the same. Hence, with its crucial projects like ‘Sankalp Shiksha Kendra’ and ‘Sunil Memorial Educational Scheme,’ the NGO endeavors to build an environment of “Education for All.”
#Sterloc expresses its admiration for the intentions and efforts with which SANKALP is heading forward!
Avani Raj Arora